Rap Hip Hop Tickets
Latest Events in Rap Hip Hop
- Buy Little Simz, Heaven Stage at Masquerade - GA Tickets for 09/24 07:00 PM Little Simz, Heaven Stage at Masquerade - GA tickets for 09/24 07:00 PM at Heaven Stage at Masquerade GA, Atlanta, GA
- Sun Sep 24 2023
- Buy Bryce Vine, Liberty Hall - KS Tickets for 09/24 08:00 PM Bryce Vine, Liberty Hall - KS tickets for 09/24 08:00 PM at Liberty Hall KS, Lawrence, KS
- Sun Sep 24 2023
- Buy Kevin Gates, Atlantic Union Bank Pavilion Tickets for 10/06 08:00 PM Kevin Gates, Atlantic Union Bank Pavilion tickets for 10/06 08:00 PM at Atlantic Union Bank Pavilion, Portsmouth, VA
- Fri Oct 06 2023
- Buy Nelly, The Colosseum At Caesars Windsor Tickets for 10/07 08:00 PM Nelly, The Colosseum At Caesars Windsor tickets for 10/07 08:00 PM at The Colosseum At Caesars Windsor, Windsor, ON
- Sat Oct 07 2023
- Buy Freddie Gibbs, Baltimore Soundstage Tickets for 10/15 08:00 PM Freddie Gibbs, Baltimore Soundstage tickets for 10/15 08:00 PM at Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore, MD
- Sun Oct 15 2023
- Buy Hippie Sabotage, JJ's Live Tickets for 10/20 07:30 PM Hippie Sabotage, JJ's Live tickets for 10/20 07:30 PM at JJ's Live, Fayetteville, AR
- Fri Oct 20 2023
- Buy Wale, Kennedy Center Opera House Tickets for 11/10 08:00 PM Wale, Kennedy Center Opera House tickets for 11/10 08:00 PM at Kennedy Center Opera House, Washington, DC
- Fri Nov 10 2023
- Buy Marc E. Bassy, Fremont Theater - CA Tickets for 11/12 08:00 PM Marc E. Bassy, Fremont Theater - CA tickets for 11/12 08:00 PM at Fremont Theater CA, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Sun Nov 12 2023
- Buy MoneyBagg Yo, The Novo Tickets for 12/13 08:00 PM MoneyBagg Yo, The Novo tickets for 12/13 08:00 PM at The Novo, Los Angeles, CA
- Wed Dec 13 2023
Rap and Hip Hop are two different musical genres on their own, but in today's world, they are viewed as one. This is because, Rap, or rapping, is a main ingredient of Hip Hop music. Rap is a genre of R&B music, consisting of rhythmic vocals delivered over melodic back-up of usually electronic drum beats and also digitally isolated sound bites, known as samples. Hip Hop, on the other hand, is a style of popular culture (pop culture), which includes dance styles, fashion, graffiti art, lingo (slang) and last but not the least, rap music. Therefore, Hip Hop is an umbrella term that covers innumerable interrelated cultural practices. In recent times, Hip Hop is universally used as a synonym for Rap music. Thus, joining the two genres together and coining a newer term - Rap Hip Hop.
Originating in the mid 1970s, in the area of South Bronx, New York, U.S.A., Rap music has similar origins with Rock 'n' Roll music that shaped during the 1950s. Both, Rap and Rock 'n' Roll began inside the Afro-American society and were recorded by small and independent record labels and were marketed more or less wholly to a black community in the beginning. As rock 'n' roll was started by a white singer - Elvis Presley, who then became a chart-busting artist, rap was introduced by a group of whites, coming from New York - the Beastie Boys. Rap includes a persistent and recurring beat pattern which provides the background and counterpoint for rapid, slangy, and often vain rhyming speech, which is fluently uttered by a vocalist(s). As funk music is the rhythmic foundation of rap music, rap artists sample greatly from the genre. This new style, called Rap, increasingly attracted white musicians as well. Eventually, after 1986, samples and declaimed vocal styles started being used commonly in the popular music of both black and white artists. This radically altered earlier concepts of what makes up a genuine song, composition, or musical device.
Hip Hop is a word that is believed to have originated from the City of New York during the 1970s, especially from the club DJs of the era. The term comes out in the lyrics of some of the earliest rap hits, such as 1979 released Rapper's Delight, a song by the Sugarhill Gang. Soon, in the 1980s, the term Hip Hop also launched a new form of dancing, called break dancing, which became a part of the hip-hop dance on the whole. Today, the word 'rap music' is frequently used synonymously with the term 'hip hop music'. The famous Rap Hip Hop artists are: 2 Pac, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Wu Tang Clan, Coolio, AZ, Eazy E, Puff Daddy, and many more.
Starting to influence the American culture through the music world, Hip Hop has also influenced the culture on the whole. Besides introducing the rap music and break dancing, the Hip Hop sub-culture moreover encompasses other forms of expression, which includes graffiti art, a new fashion sense, and the most prominent one being the unique slang vocabulary that even gave birth to the word Rap itself.