REGGAE REGGAETON Tickets
Latest Events in Reggae Reggaeton
- Sat Nov 06 2021Sat Nov 06 2021
- Buy Nio Garcia, Atlanta Coliseum Tickets for 11/06 11:00 PM Nio Garcia, Atlanta Coliseum tickets for 11/06 11:00 PM at Atlanta Coliseum, Duluth, GA
- Sat Nov 06 2021
- Tue Nov 09 2021Tue Nov 09 2021
- Buy Kolohe Kai, Showbox SoDo Tickets for 11/09 08:30 PM Kolohe Kai, Showbox SoDo tickets for 11/09 08:30 PM at Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA
- Tue Nov 09 2021
- Thu Nov 18 2021Thu Nov 18 2021
- Buy Island Block Radio Concert Series: Kolohe Kai, House Of Blues - Anaheim Tickets for 11/18 07:30 PM Island Block Radio Concert Series: Kolohe Kai, House Of Blues - Anaheim tickets for 11/18 07:30 PM at House Of Blues Anaheim, Anaheim, CA
- Thu Nov 18 2021
- Sat Nov 20 2021Sat Nov 20 2021
- Buy The Movement, Teragram Ballroom Tickets for 11/20 05:30 PM The Movement, Teragram Ballroom tickets for 11/20 05:30 PM at Teragram Ballroom, Los Angeles, CA
- Sat Nov 20 2021
- Fri Nov 26 2021Fri Nov 26 2021
- Buy Fortunate Youth, Belly Up Tavern Tickets for 11/26 09:00 PM Fortunate Youth, Belly Up Tavern tickets for 11/26 09:00 PM at Belly Up Tavern, Solana Beach, CA
- Fri Nov 26 2021
- Sun Jan 23 2022Sun Jan 23 2022
- Buy George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Motorcity Casino Hotel Tickets for 01/23 08:00 PM George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Motorcity Casino Hotel tickets for 01/23 08:00 PM at Motorcity Casino Hotel, Detroit, MI
- Sun Jan 23 2022
- Thu Mar 03 2022Thu Mar 03 2022
- Buy Stephen Marley, Howard Theatre - DC Tickets for 03/03 08:00 PM Stephen Marley, Howard Theatre - DC tickets for 03/03 08:00 PM at Howard Theatre DC, Washington, DC
- Thu Mar 03 2022
- Sun May 29 2022Sun May 29 2022
- Buy Ziggy and Stephen Marley & Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, Red Rocks Amphitheatre Tickets for 05/29 06:00 PM Ziggy and Stephen Marley & Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, Red Rocks Amphitheatre tickets for 05/29 06:00 PM at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO
- Sun May 29 2022
- Sat Jun 04 2022Sat Jun 04 2022
- Buy Michael Franti & Spearhead, Red Rocks Amphitheatre Tickets for 06/04 07:00 PM Michael Franti & Spearhead, Red Rocks Amphitheatre tickets for 06/04 07:00 PM at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO
- Sat Jun 04 2022
- Wed Jul 27 2022Wed Jul 27 2022
- Buy Ziggy Marley & Stephen Marley, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts Tickets for 07/27 07:00 PM Ziggy Marley & Stephen Marley, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts tickets for 07/27 07:00 PM at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, Vienna, VA
- Wed Jul 27 2022
The latest music genre that has swept the music lovers off their feet is the Latin urban sound of Reggae / Reggaeton. While different forms of Latin music have been continuously ruling the charts and hearts of listeners such as mambo, salsa and meringue; the journey of Reggaeton from the streets of Puerto Rico to radios and charts all over America is quite an event within the music industry.
First thing first, Reggaeton is not at all a traditional Latin sound. It is rather an urban sort of music genre that combines different musical elements from different regions. It takes the sounds of reggae and dancehall from West-Indian music and incorporates them with Latin American sounds of salsa, Latin pop, bomba, merengue, cumbia, plena and bachata. Adding a dash of urban flavor to it are contemporary sounds of hip hop, R&B and electronica. All this combine to form the base for Reggaeton that primarily attracts because of its upbeat appeal and mixture of different tunes.
Mostly referred to as sound of the youth and club friendly music, Reggaeton enjoys a huge following in United States and beyond. The combination of Puerto Rican and urban hip-hop music has made Reggaeton a craze in the United States and many artists and label are piggybacking on its rising popularity. However, for a concerned music lover, it is important to follow the historic traces of this trendy yet deep-rooted sound.
Reggaeton derives its name from the reggae music of Jamaica. It was originated in Panama as Spanish reggae in the late 1970's and got its present form in Puerto Rico in 1980's. Soon it emerged as the most popular genre of dance music in the region. Later, in the early 1990's, it took benefit of the hip-hop craze in the United States and expanded its listener base among the Latin American youth.
The mainstream exposure for Reggaeton music came in 2004 when considerable airtime helped it to reach to North America, Europe and Asia. While the Latino communities in the United States understood the specifications about the beat and rhythm of this music, casual music lovers loved the sound in totality and it became the most preferred sound of American youngsters after hip-hop music.
Back to present and we have Reggaeton as a commercially viable music genre that the whole America is dancing to. Not only America, the music has found a good place in global popular culture for years to come. Artists like Daddy Yankee, Luny Tunes, Tego Calderon, Don Chezina, Queen Ivy and others are the rock stars of the reggae world. Others like Wisin y Yandel, Bob Marley, Don Omar, Nejo & Dalmata, Angel y Khriz, Jowell y Randy and La Factoria have also contributed a lot in the development of this Latin sound.
Reggaeton sells quite well among new-age listeners. Many record labels, radio and television channels, concert organizers and marketers are cashing on the phenomenon. When Reggaeton artists hit the road, they amazingly sell out on the major venues across the country. Moreover, festivals like Reggaeton Summer Fest, Reggae Carifest, Reggaeton Explosion, Reggae on the Rocks, Reggae Sunsplash, Roots Rock Reggae Festival, Reggaeton Bash and Reggaeton Meets Hip-Hop garner great response from concert goers.
All in all, Reggaeton music is one of the hottest sensations in the world of music. This modern, familiar and club-ready sound is playing in your city, in a concert, nightclub or festival. Choose from our exclusive variety of Reggaeton tickets and get ready to dance the Latin way!