Opera Tickets 2023
Latest Events in Opera
- Buy All Is Calm - The Christmas Truce of 1914, Centre Stage - Greenville Tickets for 12/10 03:00 PM All Is Calm - The Christmas Truce of 1914, Centre Stage - Greenville tickets for 12/10 03:00 PM at Centre Stage Greenville, Greenville, SC
- Sun Dec 10 2023
- Buy Barbara Padilla, McAllen Performing Arts Center Tickets for 01/29 07:30 PM Barbara Padilla, McAllen Performing Arts Center tickets for 01/29 07:30 PM at McAllen Performing Arts Center, Mcallen, TX
- Mon Jan 29 2024
- Buy Portland Opera: Enchanted Woods, The Hampton Opera Center Tickets for 02/02 07:30 PM Portland Opera: Enchanted Woods, The Hampton Opera Center tickets for 02/02 07:30 PM at The Hampton Opera Center, Portland, OR
- Fri Feb 02 2024
- Buy Florencia en el Amazonas, The Bardavon 1869 Opera House Tickets for 02/10 01:00 PM Florencia en el Amazonas, The Bardavon 1869 Opera House tickets for 02/10 01:00 PM at The Bardavon 1869 Opera House, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Sat Feb 10 2024
- Buy Los Angeles Opera: Highway 1, USA/The Dwarf, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion Tickets for 02/24 07:30 PM Los Angeles Opera: Highway 1, USA/The Dwarf, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion tickets for 02/24 07:30 PM at Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
- Sat Feb 24 2024
- Buy Houston Grand Opera: The Sound Of Music, Brown Theater at Wortham Center Tickets for 04/26 07:30 PM Houston Grand Opera: The Sound Of Music, Brown Theater at Wortham Center tickets for 04/26 07:30 PM at Brown Theater at Wortham Center, Houston, TX
- Fri Apr 26 2024
- Buy Opera Philadelphia: Madame Butterfly, Academy Of Music - PA Tickets for 04/28 02:00 PM Opera Philadelphia: Madame Butterfly, Academy Of Music - PA tickets for 04/28 02:00 PM at Academy Of Music PA, Philadelphia, PA
- Sun Apr 28 2024
- Buy Florida Grand Opera: La Boheme, Au-Rene Theater at Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts Tickets for 05/02 07:30 PM Florida Grand Opera: La Boheme, Au-Rene Theater at Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts tickets for 05/02 07:30 PM at Au Rene Theater at Broward Ctr For The Perf Arts, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Thu May 02 2024
- Buy Metropolitan Opera: The Hours, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center Tickets for 05/05 03:00 PM Metropolitan Opera: The Hours, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center tickets for 05/05 03:00 PM at Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Sun May 05 2024
Theater Opera is a term which combines two distinct components of the performing arts together. Theater is a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows are presented, whereas, an opera is one of the forms of the broader term drama. However, people frequently make a distinction between drama and theater, as drama is concerned with the script for the performance, and theater on the other hand is concerned with the performance of that script. The term Theater Opera reflects that operas have become an essential part of theaters over the years, and attract the younger audience more. Many theaters have also built just to house operas. These are called opera houses.
Theater is one of the oldest, yet the most popular forms of entertainment, where performers/actors perform live before an audience, usually on a stage. The space reserved for performances, which can either be permanent or temporary, is also recognized as a theater.
Opera is a drama in which the content is laid down according to the music and it is staged. The wordings of the operas are sung, where all the singing and acting is the most instrumental part of the whole act. Usually operas feature instrumental breathing spells, known as intermezzi, along with dance scenes and extended ballets. Opera is one of the types of drama that emphasize spectacle.
Opera began and became popular as an entertainment at the courts of the Italian aristocracy, with outdoor terraces and even enclosed tennis courts being adapted for performances, during the late 16th century. Sooner or later this new form of amusement caught the attention of the public and reached at its peak during the 19th and early 20the centuries, when it became to be known as a popular form of entertainment. With the arrival of opera, a need for a building which would completely dedicated itself for housing it was felt. Thus, theaters were built. These theaters were designed keeping the artistic aspect in mind; therefore all of them were very beautiful and has ornate designs. They were now known as opera houses. The first operas took place in the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy. This opera house was done by architect Andrea Palladio and was based upon classical design. The success of this building was so much that opera soon stretched throughout Italy and then to the rest of Europe. However, the development of the opera seized after the WWI and WWII for some period of time.
Today, main opera houses, along with production companies have started broadcasting their performances to local cinemas all over the United States and also in several other countries in various parts of the world. One major example of such a company at present is the Metropolitan Opera Association, or simple the Met Opera. It is based in New York City, U.S., and was founded during 1880 and the general manager of the company is Peter Gelb, and the music director is James Levine. Met opera is a chief broadcaster of all types of opera including Grand Opera. Another very famous opera house of today's century is the Sydney Opera House, which is based in Sydney, Australia.