Opera Tickets 2023
Latest Events in Opera
- Fri Feb 03 2023Fri Feb 03 2023
- Buy Opera Philadelphia: Carmina Burana & Credo, Academy Of Music - PA Tickets for 02/03 08:00 PM Opera Philadelphia: Carmina Burana & Credo, Academy Of Music - PA tickets for 02/03 08:00 PM at Academy Of Music PA, Philadelphia, PA
- Fri Feb 03 2023
- Thu Feb 09 2023Thu Feb 09 2023
- Buy English National Opera: Carmen, London Coliseum Theatre Tickets for 02/09 07:30 PM English National Opera: Carmen, London Coliseum Theatre tickets for 02/09 07:30 PM at London Coliseum Theatre, London, GL
- Thu Feb 09 2023
- Sat Feb 18 2023Sat Feb 18 2023
- Buy Dallas Opera: Das Rheingold, Winspear Opera House Tickets for 02/18 07:30 PM Dallas Opera: Das Rheingold, Winspear Opera House tickets for 02/18 07:30 PM at Winspear Opera House, Dallas, TX
- Sat Feb 18 2023
- Fri Feb 24 2023Fri Feb 24 2023
- Buy Kentucky Opera: Cinderella, Brown Theatre at The Kentucky Center Tickets for 02/24 08:00 PM Kentucky Opera: Cinderella, Brown Theatre at The Kentucky Center tickets for 02/24 08:00 PM at Brown Theatre at The Kentucky Center, Louisville, KY
- Fri Feb 24 2023
- Mon Mar 27 2023Mon Mar 27 2023
- Buy Metropolitan Opera: Der Rosenkavalier, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center Tickets for 03/27 07:00 PM Metropolitan Opera: Der Rosenkavalier, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center tickets for 03/27 07:00 PM at Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Mon Mar 27 2023
- Fri Apr 14 2023Fri Apr 14 2023
- Buy North Carolina Opera: Porgy And Bess, Raleigh Memorial Auditorium At Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts Tickets for 04/14 07:30 PM North Carolina Opera: Porgy And Bess, Raleigh Memorial Auditorium At Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts tickets for 04/14 07:30 PM at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium At Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts, Raleigh, NC
- Fri Apr 14 2023
- Fri Apr 28 2023Fri Apr 28 2023
- Buy Houston Grand Opera: Salome, Brown Theater at Wortham Center Tickets for 04/28 07:30 PM Houston Grand Opera: Salome, Brown Theater at Wortham Center tickets for 04/28 07:30 PM at Brown Theater at Wortham Center, Houston, TX
- Fri Apr 28 2023
- Sat May 06 2023Sat May 06 2023
- Buy Minnesota Opera: Don Giovanni, Ordway Center For Performing Arts Tickets for 05/06 07:30 PM Minnesota Opera: Don Giovanni, Ordway Center For Performing Arts tickets for 05/06 07:30 PM at Ordway Center For Performing Arts, Saint Paul, MN
- Sat May 06 2023
- Sun May 21 2023Sun May 21 2023
- Buy Don Giovanni, The Bardavon 1869 Opera House Tickets for 05/21 01:00 PM Don Giovanni, The Bardavon 1869 Opera House tickets for 05/21 01:00 PM at The Bardavon 1869 Opera House, Poughkeepsie, NY
- Sun May 21 2023
- Tue May 30 2023Tue May 30 2023
- Buy Metropolitan Opera: Der Fliegende Hollander, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center Tickets for 05/30 08:00 PM Metropolitan Opera: Der Fliegende Hollander, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center tickets for 05/30 08:00 PM at Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Tue May 30 2023
Theater Opera is a term which combines two distinct components of the performing arts together. Theater is a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows are presented, whereas, an opera is one of the forms of the broader term drama. However, people frequently make a distinction between drama and theater, as drama is concerned with the script for the performance, and theater on the other hand is concerned with the performance of that script. The term Theater Opera reflects that operas have become an essential part of theaters over the years, and attract the younger audience more. Many theaters have also built just to house operas. These are called opera houses.
Theater is one of the oldest, yet the most popular forms of entertainment, where performers/actors perform live before an audience, usually on a stage. The space reserved for performances, which can either be permanent or temporary, is also recognized as a theater.
Opera is a drama in which the content is laid down according to the music and it is staged. The wordings of the operas are sung, where all the singing and acting is the most instrumental part of the whole act. Usually operas feature instrumental breathing spells, known as intermezzi, along with dance scenes and extended ballets. Opera is one of the types of drama that emphasize spectacle.
Opera began and became popular as an entertainment at the courts of the Italian aristocracy, with outdoor terraces and even enclosed tennis courts being adapted for performances, during the late 16th century. Sooner or later this new form of amusement caught the attention of the public and reached at its peak during the 19th and early 20the centuries, when it became to be known as a popular form of entertainment. With the arrival of opera, a need for a building which would completely dedicated itself for housing it was felt. Thus, theaters were built. These theaters were designed keeping the artistic aspect in mind; therefore all of them were very beautiful and has ornate designs. They were now known as opera houses. The first operas took place in the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy. This opera house was done by architect Andrea Palladio and was based upon classical design. The success of this building was so much that opera soon stretched throughout Italy and then to the rest of Europe. However, the development of the opera seized after the WWI and WWII for some period of time.
Today, main opera houses, along with production companies have started broadcasting their performances to local cinemas all over the United States and also in several other countries in various parts of the world. One major example of such a company at present is the Metropolitan Opera Association, or simple the Met Opera. It is based in New York City, U.S., and was founded during 1880 and the general manager of the company is Peter Gelb, and the music director is James Levine. Met opera is a chief broadcaster of all types of opera including Grand Opera. Another very famous opera house of today's century is the Sydney Opera House, which is based in Sydney, Australia.