Opera Tickets 2023
Latest Events in Opera
- Buy Metropolitan Opera: Don Giovanni, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center Tickets for 06/02 07:30 PM Metropolitan Opera: Don Giovanni, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center tickets for 06/02 07:30 PM at Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Fri Jun 02 2023
- Buy UK Opera Theatre: It's A Grand Night For Singing, Concert Hall at Singletary Center for the Arts Tickets for 06/10 02:00 PM UK Opera Theatre: It's A Grand Night For Singing, Concert Hall at Singletary Center for the Arts tickets for 06/10 02:00 PM at Concert Hall at Singletary Center for the Arts, Lexington, KY
- Sat Jun 10 2023
- Buy Opera Project Columbus: The Merry Widow, Lincoln Theatre - Columbus Tickets for 06/16 07:30 PM Opera Project Columbus: The Merry Widow, Lincoln Theatre - Columbus tickets for 06/16 07:30 PM at Lincoln Theatre Columbus, Columbus, OH
- Fri Jun 16 2023
- Buy Lohengrin, Ellen Eccles Theatre Tickets for 07/05 07:30 PM Lohengrin, Ellen Eccles Theatre tickets for 07/05 07:30 PM at Ellen Eccles Theatre, Logan, UT
- Wed Jul 05 2023
- Buy Santa Fe Opera: The Flying Dutchman, Santa Fe Opera Theatre Tickets for 07/12 08:30 PM Santa Fe Opera: The Flying Dutchman, Santa Fe Opera Theatre tickets for 07/12 08:30 PM at Santa Fe Opera Theatre, Santa Fe, NM
- Wed Jul 12 2023
- Buy Metropolitan Opera: Dead Man Walking, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center Tickets for 09/26 06:30 PM Metropolitan Opera: Dead Man Walking, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center tickets for 09/26 06:30 PM at Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Tue Sep 26 2023
- Buy Dallas Opera: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Winspear Opera House Tickets for 11/03 07:30 PM Dallas Opera: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Winspear Opera House tickets for 11/03 07:30 PM at Winspear Opera House, Dallas, TX
- Fri Nov 03 2023
- Buy The Daughter Of The Regiment, Civic Opera House Tickets for 11/04 07:30 PM The Daughter Of The Regiment, Civic Opera House tickets for 11/04 07:30 PM at Civic Opera House, Chicago, IL
- Sat Nov 04 2023
- Buy Cruzar La Cara De La Luna, Dell Hall at Long Center For The Performing Arts Tickets for 02/01 01:30 PM Cruzar La Cara De La Luna, Dell Hall at Long Center For The Performing Arts tickets for 02/01 01:30 PM at Dell Hall at Long Center For The Performing Arts, Austin, TX
- Thu Feb 01 2024
Theater Opera is a term which combines two distinct components of the performing arts together. Theater is a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows are presented, whereas, an opera is one of the forms of the broader term drama. However, people frequently make a distinction between drama and theater, as drama is concerned with the script for the performance, and theater on the other hand is concerned with the performance of that script. The term Theater Opera reflects that operas have become an essential part of theaters over the years, and attract the younger audience more. Many theaters have also built just to house operas. These are called opera houses.
Theater is one of the oldest, yet the most popular forms of entertainment, where performers/actors perform live before an audience, usually on a stage. The space reserved for performances, which can either be permanent or temporary, is also recognized as a theater.
Opera is a drama in which the content is laid down according to the music and it is staged. The wordings of the operas are sung, where all the singing and acting is the most instrumental part of the whole act. Usually operas feature instrumental breathing spells, known as intermezzi, along with dance scenes and extended ballets. Opera is one of the types of drama that emphasize spectacle.
Opera began and became popular as an entertainment at the courts of the Italian aristocracy, with outdoor terraces and even enclosed tennis courts being adapted for performances, during the late 16th century. Sooner or later this new form of amusement caught the attention of the public and reached at its peak during the 19th and early 20the centuries, when it became to be known as a popular form of entertainment. With the arrival of opera, a need for a building which would completely dedicated itself for housing it was felt. Thus, theaters were built. These theaters were designed keeping the artistic aspect in mind; therefore all of them were very beautiful and has ornate designs. They were now known as opera houses. The first operas took place in the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy. This opera house was done by architect Andrea Palladio and was based upon classical design. The success of this building was so much that opera soon stretched throughout Italy and then to the rest of Europe. However, the development of the opera seized after the WWI and WWII for some period of time.
Today, main opera houses, along with production companies have started broadcasting their performances to local cinemas all over the United States and also in several other countries in various parts of the world. One major example of such a company at present is the Metropolitan Opera Association, or simple the Met Opera. It is based in New York City, U.S., and was founded during 1880 and the general manager of the company is Peter Gelb, and the music director is James Levine. Met opera is a chief broadcaster of all types of opera including Grand Opera. Another very famous opera house of today's century is the Sydney Opera House, which is based in Sydney, Australia.