Opera Tickets 2023
Latest Events in Opera
- Buy Opera Santa Barbara - La Divina, The Lobero Tickets for 11/10 07:30 PM Opera Santa Barbara - La Divina, The Lobero tickets for 11/10 07:30 PM at The Lobero, Santa Barbara, CA
- Fri Nov 10 2023
- Buy BYU Opera Scenes, Concert Hall At BYU Music Building Tickets for 11/16 07:30 PM BYU Opera Scenes, Concert Hall At BYU Music Building tickets for 11/16 07:30 PM at Concert Hall At BYU Music Building, Provo, UT
- Thu Nov 16 2023
- Buy Metropolitan Opera: Madame Butterfly, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center Tickets for 01/11 07:00 PM Metropolitan Opera: Madame Butterfly, Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center tickets for 01/11 07:00 PM at Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, New York, NY
- Thu Jan 11 2024
- Buy Houston Grand Opera: Parsifal, Brown Theater at Wortham Center Tickets for 01/21 02:00 PM Houston Grand Opera: Parsifal, Brown Theater at Wortham Center tickets for 01/21 02:00 PM at Brown Theater at Wortham Center, Houston, TX
- Sun Jan 21 2024
- Buy Dallas Opera: Elektra, Winspear Opera House Tickets for 02/09 07:30 PM Dallas Opera: Elektra, Winspear Opera House tickets for 02/09 07:30 PM at Winspear Opera House, Dallas, TX
- Fri Feb 09 2024
- Buy Sarasota Opera: Carmen, Sarasota Opera House Tickets for 02/17 07:30 PM Sarasota Opera: Carmen, Sarasota Opera House tickets for 02/17 07:30 PM at Sarasota Opera House, Sarasota, FL
- Sat Feb 17 2024
- Buy Atlanta Opera: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre Tickets for 03/05 07:30 PM Atlanta Opera: A Midsummer Night's Dream, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre tickets for 03/05 07:30 PM at Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, Atlanta, GA
- Tue Mar 05 2024
- Buy The Met Live In HD: La Forza del Destino, The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center Tickets for 03/09 12:00 PM The Met Live In HD: La Forza del Destino, The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center tickets for 03/09 12:00 PM at The Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Great Barrington, MA
- Sat Mar 09 2024
- Buy Virginia Opera: Madama Butterfly (Audio Described), George Mason Center For The Arts - Concert Hall Tickets for 03/17 02:00 PM Virginia Opera: Madama Butterfly (Audio Described), George Mason Center For The Arts - Concert Hall tickets for 03/17 02:00 PM at George Mason Center For The Arts Concert Hall, Fairfax, VA
- Sun Mar 17 2024
Theater Opera is a term which combines two distinct components of the performing arts together. Theater is a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows are presented, whereas, an opera is one of the forms of the broader term drama. However, people frequently make a distinction between drama and theater, as drama is concerned with the script for the performance, and theater on the other hand is concerned with the performance of that script. The term Theater Opera reflects that operas have become an essential part of theaters over the years, and attract the younger audience more. Many theaters have also built just to house operas. These are called opera houses.
Theater is one of the oldest, yet the most popular forms of entertainment, where performers/actors perform live before an audience, usually on a stage. The space reserved for performances, which can either be permanent or temporary, is also recognized as a theater.
Opera is a drama in which the content is laid down according to the music and it is staged. The wordings of the operas are sung, where all the singing and acting is the most instrumental part of the whole act. Usually operas feature instrumental breathing spells, known as intermezzi, along with dance scenes and extended ballets. Opera is one of the types of drama that emphasize spectacle.
Opera began and became popular as an entertainment at the courts of the Italian aristocracy, with outdoor terraces and even enclosed tennis courts being adapted for performances, during the late 16th century. Sooner or later this new form of amusement caught the attention of the public and reached at its peak during the 19th and early 20the centuries, when it became to be known as a popular form of entertainment. With the arrival of opera, a need for a building which would completely dedicated itself for housing it was felt. Thus, theaters were built. These theaters were designed keeping the artistic aspect in mind; therefore all of them were very beautiful and has ornate designs. They were now known as opera houses. The first operas took place in the Teatro Olimpico in Vicenza, Italy. This opera house was done by architect Andrea Palladio and was based upon classical design. The success of this building was so much that opera soon stretched throughout Italy and then to the rest of Europe. However, the development of the opera seized after the WWI and WWII for some period of time.
Today, main opera houses, along with production companies have started broadcasting their performances to local cinemas all over the United States and also in several other countries in various parts of the world. One major example of such a company at present is the Metropolitan Opera Association, or simple the Met Opera. It is based in New York City, U.S., and was founded during 1880 and the general manager of the company is Peter Gelb, and the music director is James Levine. Met opera is a chief broadcaster of all types of opera including Grand Opera. Another very famous opera house of today's century is the Sydney Opera House, which is based in Sydney, Australia.