50s 60s Era Tickets
Latest Events in 50s 60s Era
- Buy Atlantic City Boys, Hardin Performing Arts Center Tickets for 12/06 07:30 PM Atlantic City Boys, Hardin Performing Arts Center tickets for 12/06 07:30 PM at Hardin Performing Arts Center, Evans, GA
- Wed Dec 06 2023
- Buy Stars Of The Sixties: Peter Noone, The Lovin Spoonful, The Vogues, Chris Ruggiero & Shades of Blue, Peabody Auditorium Tickets for 01/05 07:30 PM Stars Of The Sixties: Peter Noone, The Lovin Spoonful, The Vogues, Chris Ruggiero & Shades of Blue, Peabody Auditorium tickets for 01/05 07:30 PM at Peabody Auditorium, Daytona Beach, FL
- Fri Jan 05 2024
- Buy The Righteous Brothers, Mainstage at Chandler Center For The Arts - AZ Tickets for 01/20 07:30 PM The Righteous Brothers, Mainstage at Chandler Center For The Arts - AZ tickets for 01/20 07:30 PM at Mainstage at Chandler Center For The Arts AZ, Chandler, AZ
- Sat Jan 20 2024
- Buy 1964 The Tribute, Palace Theatre - NH Tickets for 01/21 07:00 PM 1964 The Tribute, Palace Theatre - NH tickets for 01/21 07:00 PM at Palace Theatre NH, Manchester, NH
- Sun Jan 21 2024
- Buy Righteous Brothers, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall Tickets for 03/07 08:00 PM Righteous Brothers, Kravis Center - Dreyfoos Concert Hall tickets for 03/07 08:00 PM at Kravis Center Dreyfoos Concert Hall, West Palm Beach, FL
- Thu Mar 07 2024
- Buy Rock and Roll Doo Wop, Capitol Theatre - Wheeling Tickets for 03/09 07:00 PM Rock and Roll Doo Wop, Capitol Theatre - Wheeling tickets for 03/09 07:00 PM at Capitol Theatre Wheeling, Wheeling, WV
- Sat Mar 09 2024
- Buy Stars Of The Sixties, Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall Tickets for 03/21 07:30 PM Stars Of The Sixties, Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall tickets for 03/21 07:30 PM at Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall, Fort Myers, FL
- Thu Mar 21 2024
- Buy The Platters, Cornell Gunter's Coasters & The Drifters, Alabama Theatre - SC Tickets for 04/13 07:00 PM The Platters, Cornell Gunter's Coasters & The Drifters, Alabama Theatre - SC tickets for 04/13 07:00 PM at Alabama Theatre SC, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Sat Apr 13 2024
- Buy The Buckinghams, Arlington Music Hall Tickets for 05/16 07:00 PM The Buckinghams, Arlington Music Hall tickets for 05/16 07:00 PM at Arlington Music Hall, Arlington, TX
- Thu May 16 2024
Everyone acknowledges the fact that musical trends tend to change with the passage of time. However, great music never loses its appeal and sounds afresh even after years and decades of its release. The music from the 1950's and 1960's era fits the bill as it still captures the attention of music lovers of different ages and tastes.
Considered as the path-breaking era in the history of music, the 50's and 60's brought the best recording artists the world has ever seen. These were the times when many new trends and genres of music were introduced and new stars rose on the horizon. The melodies of these times are still known for their timeless appeal.
It is because of musical experiments in 50's and 60's that we know enjoy niche musical genres like Rock n' Roll, Country, rock and others forms. A musical style named Doo wop also dominated this era while the music stars of those times redefined stardom through their widespread popularity. These were the times of classic acts like Beatles, Elvis Presley, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan. These were the times when Neil Diamond, The Temptations, James Brown, Frank Sinatra, Paul Anka and many other legendary acts got fame. And these were the times when Tina Turner, Barbra Streisand and girls bands garnered praise from all quarters.
Perhaps the biggest gift of 1950's was Rock 'n' Roll. This genre of music was evolved from the combination of different musical threads from 1940's that was eventually recognized as rock and roll in 50's. Another sound that became the flavor of the era was Doo-wop. This remained the mainstream genre throughout the 50's and 60's.
Other music style that influenced the artists in this era is country and folk music. Appalachian folk was revived with the likes of Bob Dylan, The Weavers and Joan Baez while some artists also stuck to good old Bluegrass. Gospel music also continued to charm the listeners while the world also witnessed the rise of Latin-American music industry and Mexican-American genres such as Tejano.
The talk of 50's 60's Era is incomplete without mentioning its super-stars and music icons. These were the times when stardom broke the boundary of Silver Screen and expanded its base into the world of music. The whole world rocked with Elvis Presley craze and Beatlesmania. The lasting legacy of these acts still fascinates new generation and their music still enjoys an elevated status the world over.
Elvis Presley was not only the icon of rock n' roll but a trend-setting artist who created waves with his voice, music, style, persona and everything else a star must possess. His popularity reached sky-high in the 50's while the 1960's brought another legendary act, the Beatles. Hailed from England, this boy band created intense fan frenzy especially among teenagers and kept delivering one chart-buster after the other.
Another significant move in music industry during 50's 60's Era was the rise of girl bands. Many all-girl bands established themselves in the 50's and early 60's including The Chantels, The Shirelles, The Supremes and Martha and the Vandellas. However, in the face of British music Invasion in 60's, these bands declined in mainstream popularity.
Talking about British Invasion, this remained the hot topic in the early half of 1960's. This resulted due to over-flowing of England based bands in American music industry, of which Beatles and Rolling Stones achieved unparalleled acclaim. The American country music, on the other hand, was mainly dominated by Nashville sound, with the likes of Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard acting as the torchbearers of this genre. Soul music also remained strong with Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin and James Brown who is credited for introducing a new style of soul called funk. Towards the late 1960's, some forms of rock and mettle also emerged but most of these acts remained underground.
The 50's and 60's Era witnessed great innovations and changes in popular music. The artists of those time did not only experimented with the sound and technique, but also dominated the styling and living patterns of the youth. If today, your parents and grandparents say that Jonas Brothers craze in nothing as compared to Beatlesmania, then this proves the impact these yesteryears music stars have left on us.
Cutting to the chase, the 50's 60's Era was truly an evergreen time for music industry. The musical excellence of these times is recognized even today and will be cherished in times to come. Today, we are lucky enough to hear the sounds of this era. Some of the acts from 50's and 60's are still performing live in concerts. Many tribute bands also exist that make us reminiscent about the artists of those times. And not to forget festivals and events dedicated to musical influences of this period.
If you want to walk down the memory lane with 50's 60's Era music, then choose the event of your choice, book its tickets and get ready to fall in love with the Oldies Goldies Music all over again!