Latest Events in Off-Broadway
- Sat Oct 23 2021Sat Oct 23 2021
- Buy Blue Man Group, Astor Place Theatre Tickets for 10/23 02:00 PM Blue Man Group, Astor Place Theatre tickets for 10/23 02:00 PM at Astor Place Theatre, New York, NY
- Sat Oct 23 2021
- Sat Oct 23 2021Sat Oct 23 2021
- Buy The Play That Goes Wrong, New World Stages: Stage 4 Tickets for 10/23 08:00 PM The Play That Goes Wrong, New World Stages: Stage 4 tickets for 10/23 08:00 PM at New World Stages: Stage 4, New York, NY
- Sat Oct 23 2021
- Fri Nov 05 2021Fri Nov 05 2021
- Buy The Gazillion Bubble Show, New World Stages: Stage 2 Tickets for 11/05 07:00 PM The Gazillion Bubble Show, New World Stages: Stage 2 tickets for 11/05 07:00 PM at New World Stages: Stage 2, New York, NY
- Fri Nov 05 2021
- Sat Nov 20 2021Sat Nov 20 2021
- Buy Jersey Boys, New World Stages: Stage 1 Tickets for 11/20 02:00 PM Jersey Boys, New World Stages: Stage 1 tickets for 11/20 02:00 PM at New World Stages: Stage 1, New York, NY
- Sat Nov 20 2021
- Thu Nov 25 2021Thu Nov 25 2021
- Buy Stomp, Orpheum Theatre - NYC Tickets for 11/25 08:00 PM Stomp, Orpheum Theatre - NYC tickets for 11/25 08:00 PM at Orpheum Theatre NYC, New York, NY
- Thu Nov 25 2021
- Mon Dec 06 2021Mon Dec 06 2021
- Buy Million Dollar Quartet Christmas, Thalia Mara Hall Tickets for 12/06 07:30 PM Million Dollar Quartet Christmas, Thalia Mara Hall tickets for 12/06 07:30 PM at Thalia Mara Hall, Jackson, MS
- Mon Dec 06 2021
- Thu Dec 23 2021Thu Dec 23 2021
- Buy Potted Potter, Vogel Hall at Marcus Center Tickets for 12/23 02:00 PM Potted Potter, Vogel Hall at Marcus Center tickets for 12/23 02:00 PM at Vogel Hall at Marcus Center, Milwaukee, WI
- Thu Dec 23 2021
- Fri Jan 21 2022Fri Jan 21 2022
- Buy Friends The Musical Parody, Janet & Ray Scherr Forum Theatre - Bank of America Performing Arts Center Tickets for 01/21 07:30 PM Friends The Musical Parody, Janet & Ray Scherr Forum Theatre - Bank of America Performing Arts Center tickets for 01/21 07:30 PM at Janet & Ray Scherr Forum Theatre Bank of America Performing Arts Center, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Fri Jan 21 2022
- Fri Jan 28 2022Fri Jan 28 2022
- Buy Rent, Durham Performing Arts Center Tickets for 01/28 08:00 PM Rent, Durham Performing Arts Center tickets for 01/28 08:00 PM at Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, NC
- Fri Jan 28 2022
Spread around some of the most happening neighborhoods of New York, the Off Broadway has been entertaining theater lovers for over half a century. The Off Broadway offers riveting theater and breathtaking performances all year round. It comprises of all the professional venues around Manhattan that have a seating capacity of hundred to five hundred and showcase various productions of revue, musical or play. The Off Broadway theaters adhere to certain polices, rules and regulations. Over the years, Off Broadway has produced wonderful theater and hit live shows such as 'Stomp', 'The Awesome 80's Prom', 'Naked Boys Singing', 'Perfect Crime' and 'Love, Loss And What I Wore'. This season, the audience can catch some of the most sought after theatrical wonders by getting Off Broadway tickets.
The Off Broadway Movement initiated in New York during the fifties. The Broadway's commercialization created a vacuum that was quickly filled by creatively fueled artists and performers, who wanted to produce something different without the pressure of mainstream commercialized theater. The Off Broadway stages proved to be just the right outlet and resulted in spellbinding theater that started to garner immense fame and success. One of the first major productions on Off Broadway stages was the 'Threepenny Opera' in 1954. Since then, numerous Off Broadway productions such as 'Coastal Disturbances', 'Bridge & Tunnel', 'Next to Normal', 'Rock of Ages', 'Avenue Q', 'Grey Gardens', 'Sunday in the Park with George' and 'A Chorus Line' have all had successful runs on Broadway. The longest running musical in the world, 'The Fantasticks' also debuted on Off Broadway stage in 1960. Since then the musical has staged over seventeen hundred performances, running for forty two years.
All the theatrical productions produced on Off-Broadway stages are promoted and supervised by the League of Off-Broadway Theatre. The organization, founded in 1959, assists in the exchange of information amongst the members and pursues causes in the interest of Off Broadway. The League also collaborates with the Lucille Lortel Foundation to honor the excellence in Off Broadway with the Lucille Lortel Awards. The Lortel Awards have been awarded since 1986 and have now grown to become one of the most distinguished and respected awards in theater. Some of the past recipients include Mare Winningham, Susan Stroman, Mark Ruffalo, Jason Robards, Gloria Reuben, Juliana Margulies, Ed Harris and Charles Durning. The Off-Broadway productions are also eligible for the Drama League Awards, the Obie Awards, Drama Desk Awards, Outer Circle Critics Awards and the New York Drama Critics' Circle Awards.
Off Broadway continues to deliver a unique and intimate theatre experience for the audience. The shows are highly captivating with intriguing plots, magical music and compelling performances. Artists such as Philip Seymour Hoffman, Mary Louise Parker, Ethan Hawke, Cynthia Nixon and Sam Sheppard have all embraced the Off Broadway stages. This season, some of the upcoming musical productions expected to hit the Off Broadway include 'Perfect Crime', 'Scrambled Eggs', 'Leave It To Jane', 'Cougar the Musical' and 'Avenue Q'. The fans can quickly get Off Broadway tickets to enjoy spectacular theater.
I am looking for a place where I can get the bets off broadway show tickets.
www.ticketluck.com offers you the best tickets inventory. Browse through it to get an idea.