Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Tickets
Events at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Details of Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium and the Ticket Luck value
Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is located on Rowe Boulevard & Taylor Avenue at Annapolis, Maryland in the campus of Unites States Naval Academy.
The ground for the construction of this stadium was broken in the year 1958 while it was opened to the public in the year 1959.
It is owned and operated by the U.S. Naval Academy. The architect firm behind the completion and renovation of this project is 360 Architecture. This 34,000-seat facility was built at a cost of $3 million with all of the money raised through private contributions.
The stadium was dedicated on Sept. 26, 1959, when Navy defeated William & Mary, 29-2 and was rededicated on Oct. 8, 2005, when Navy defeated Air Force, 27-24. It is the home of NCAA"s Navy Midshipmen, while USL2"s Crystal Palace Baltimore in the year 2007 and MLL"s Washington Bayhawks are its tenants as well.
The Stadium has undergone a severe renovation over the previous few years transforming it into a state-of-the-art multi-use facility used for hosting Navy football and lacrosse as well as a numerous other local, regional, national and international events.
The cost of $ 40 million project of renovation and refurbishment was started in the summer of 2002 and was completed in the fall of 2004. The project was privately funded by the Naval Academy Foundation and the Naval Academy Athletic Association (NAAA).
Whiting-Turner Contracting Co. of Baltimore was the contractor and both 360 Architecture of Kansas City, and Alt, Breeding, Schwarz of Annapolis, produced the design.
The renovation added the new components including two state-of-the-art video scoreboards, chair back seating, ADA seating platforms and access ramps, concession stands, end zone seating, luxury suites, and additional sideline seating created.
The press tower was also renovated before staring of the 2004 season. A newly-constructed level, named the Flag Bridge, was erected under the old press area in the seating bowl with 71 permanent seats in front of additional stools, tables and chairs which allows for flexibility in hosting game day viewing or special events on non-game days. The press tower is accessed by two elevators and a stair tower at midfield.
In 2005, the lower concourse restrooms were expanded and the concourse was totally resurfaced. A 16,000-square-foot Rear Adm. Thomas J. Hamilton Locker Room Complex at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium was added as an $800,000 facility which includes home and visiting team locker rooms, training rooms, an officials' dressing area and an office for the stadium supervisor.
The major change to the stadium came with the installation of a new synthetic field surface, FieldTurf, completed with the gift of a $10 million from a 1947 graduated student Mr. Jackson T. Stephens. This change allows the stadium to be used 365 days a year.
The field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium is named "Jack Stephens Field" in honor of the donor. The scoreboard at the stadium was named in honor of Terwilliger Family as part of their contribution to the Naval Academy and to the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium renovation project.
In 2004, a 12,000 sq. ft. two-story banquet facility was also constructed to host class reunion dinners and other Naval Academy functions.
The multi-purpose nature of Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium has allowed it to host the 2005 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Championship, 2005 Women's Lacrosse World Cup, and the Good Samaritan High School All-Star Football game, as well as numerous high school and local youth events.