Reggae Reggaeton Tickets
Latest Events in Reggae Reggaeton
- Tue Aug 16 2022Tue Aug 16 2022
- Buy Matisyahu, House Of Blues - Cleveland Tickets for 08/16 08:00 PM Matisyahu, House Of Blues - Cleveland tickets for 08/16 08:00 PM at House Of Blues Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- Tue Aug 16 2022
- Sun Aug 21 2022Sun Aug 21 2022
- Buy One Nation Under a Groove: George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Blue Note - Napa Tickets for 08/21 04:30 PM One Nation Under a Groove: George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Blue Note - Napa tickets for 08/21 04:30 PM at Blue Note Napa, Napa, CA
- Sun Aug 21 2022
- Fri Aug 26 2022Fri Aug 26 2022
- Buy Dub Club: Johnny Osbourne, Echoplex At The Echo Tickets for 08/26 09:00 PM Dub Club: Johnny Osbourne, Echoplex At The Echo tickets for 08/26 09:00 PM at Echoplex At The Echo, Los Angeles, CA
- Fri Aug 26 2022
- Fri Sep 02 2022Fri Sep 02 2022
- Buy Shaggy & Common Kings, Alaska State Fair Borealis Theatre Tickets for 09/02 07:00 PM Shaggy & Common Kings, Alaska State Fair Borealis Theatre tickets for 09/02 07:00 PM at Alaska State Fair Borealis Theatre, Palmer, AK
- Fri Sep 02 2022
- Sat Sep 03 2022Sat Sep 03 2022
- Buy HR of Bad Brains, Purgatory Stage at Masquerade - GA Tickets for 09/03 07:00 PM HR of Bad Brains, Purgatory Stage at Masquerade - GA tickets for 09/03 07:00 PM at Purgatory Stage at Masquerade GA, Atlanta, GA
- Sat Sep 03 2022
- Fri Sep 16 2022Fri Sep 16 2022
- Buy Bad Gyal, Echoplex At The Echo Tickets for 09/16 10:00 PM Bad Gyal, Echoplex At The Echo tickets for 09/16 10:00 PM at Echoplex At The Echo, Los Angeles, CA
- Fri Sep 16 2022
- Sun Sep 18 2022Sun Sep 18 2022
- Buy Reggae Night: UB40 & The Wailers, Hollywood Bowl Tickets for 09/18 07:00 PM Reggae Night: UB40 & The Wailers, Hollywood Bowl tickets for 09/18 07:00 PM at Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA
- Sun Sep 18 2022
- Sat Oct 08 2022Sat Oct 08 2022
- Buy The Wailers, Wally's Pub Tickets for 10/08 09:00 PM The Wailers, Wally's Pub tickets for 10/08 09:00 PM at Wally's Pub, Hampton, NH
- Sat Oct 08 2022
- Fri Oct 14 2022Fri Oct 14 2022
- Buy Hirie, Delmar Hall Tickets for 10/14 08:00 PM Hirie, Delmar Hall tickets for 10/14 08:00 PM at Delmar Hall, St. Louis, MO
- Fri Oct 14 2022
The latest music genre that has swept the music lovers off their feet is the Latin urban sound of Reggae / Reggaeton. While different forms of Latin music have been continuously ruling the charts and hearts of listeners such as mambo, salsa and meringue; the journey of Reggaeton from the streets of Puerto Rico to radios and charts all over America is quite an event within the music industry.
First thing first, Reggaeton is not at all a traditional Latin sound. It is rather an urban sort of music genre that combines different musical elements from different regions. It takes the sounds of reggae and dancehall from West-Indian music and incorporates them with Latin American sounds of salsa, Latin pop, bomba, merengue, cumbia, plena and bachata. Adding a dash of urban flavor to it are contemporary sounds of hip hop, R&B and electronica. All this combine to form the base for Reggaeton that primarily attracts because of its upbeat appeal and mixture of different tunes.
Mostly referred to as sound of the youth and club friendly music, Reggaeton enjoys a huge following in United States and beyond. The combination of Puerto Rican and urban hip-hop music has made Reggaeton a craze in the United States and many artists and label are piggybacking on its rising popularity. However, for a concerned music lover, it is important to follow the historic traces of this trendy yet deep-rooted sound.
Reggaeton derives its name from the reggae music of Jamaica. It was originated in Panama as Spanish reggae in the late 1970's and got its present form in Puerto Rico in 1980's. Soon it emerged as the most popular genre of dance music in the region. Later, in the early 1990's, it took benefit of the hip-hop craze in the United States and expanded its listener base among the Latin American youth.
The mainstream exposure for Reggaeton music came in 2004 when considerable airtime helped it to reach to North America, Europe and Asia. While the Latino communities in the United States understood the specifications about the beat and rhythm of this music, casual music lovers loved the sound in totality and it became the most preferred sound of American youngsters after hip-hop music.
Back to present and we have Reggaeton as a commercially viable music genre that the whole America is dancing to. Not only America, the music has found a good place in global popular culture for years to come. Artists like Daddy Yankee, Luny Tunes, Tego Calderon, Don Chezina, Queen Ivy and others are the rock stars of the reggae world. Others like Wisin y Yandel, Bob Marley, Don Omar, Nejo & Dalmata, Angel y Khriz, Jowell y Randy and La Factoria have also contributed a lot in the development of this Latin sound.
Reggaeton sells quite well among new-age listeners. Many record labels, radio and television channels, concert organizers and marketers are cashing on the phenomenon. When Reggaeton artists hit the road, they amazingly sell out on the major venues across the country. Moreover, festivals like Reggaeton Summer Fest, Reggae Carifest, Reggaeton Explosion, Reggae on the Rocks, Reggae Sunsplash, Roots Rock Reggae Festival, Reggaeton Bash and Reggaeton Meets Hip-Hop garner great response from concert goers.
All in all, Reggaeton music is one of the hottest sensations in the world of music. This modern, familiar and club-ready sound is playing in your city, in a concert, nightclub or festival. Choose from our exclusive variety of Reggaeton tickets and get ready to dance the Latin way!