SPORTS IN TOWSON
- Sat Sep 10 2022Buy Towson Tigers vs. Morgan State Bears, Unitas Stadium Tickets for Sat Sep 10 2022 Towson Tigers vs. Morgan State Bears, Unitas Stadium tickets for 09/10 06:00 PM at Unitas Stadium ,Towson ,MD
- Sat Sep 10 2022
- Sat Sep 24 2022Buy Towson Tigers vs. New Hampshire Wildcats, Unitas Stadium Tickets for Sat Sep 24 2022 Towson Tigers vs. New Hampshire Wildcats, Unitas Stadium tickets for 09/24 04:00 PM at Unitas Stadium ,Towson ,MD
- Sat Sep 24 2022
- Sat Oct 22 2022Buy Towson Tigers vs. William & Mary Tribe, Unitas Stadium Tickets for Sat Oct 22 2022 Towson Tigers vs. William & Mary Tribe, Unitas Stadium tickets for 10/22 04:00 PM at Unitas Stadium ,Towson ,MD
- Sat Oct 22 2022
- Sat Nov 05 2022Buy Towson Tigers vs. Villanova Wildcats, Unitas Stadium Tickets for Sat Nov 05 2022 Towson Tigers vs. Villanova Wildcats, Unitas Stadium tickets for 11/05 02:00 PM at Unitas Stadium ,Towson ,MD
- Sat Nov 05 2022
CONCERTS IN TOWSON
Towson Tickets Related Questions
What are the best upcoming Events in Towson City in 2022?
- Towson Tigers vs. Morgan State Bears
- Towson Tigers vs. New Hampshire Wildcats
- Towson Tigers vs. Villanova Wildcats
- Towson Tigers vs. William & Mary Tribe
- Towson Tigers vs. Hampton Pirates
What is going on tonight in Towson?No event is happening in Towson tonight.
Top Festivals in Towson City in 2022?There is no Festival event happening in Towson.
The first settlers in Baltimore County were hunters who settled in 1600 on the bank of River Susquehanna. Towsons foundation was laid in 1752 when William and Thomas Towson came and started yielding their farms.
Today the very place is known as York and Joppa Roads. Keeping in view the traffic of farmers bringing their products and livestock to the port of Baltimore, Williams son built a hotesl on York and Joppa Roads in 1768 and the village got famous as Towsontown.
Since then Towson has become the centre of attraction for many visiting Baltimore. Towson has a lot to offer the those who wish to explore American culture. Towson has a mild climate as it is situated between the Humid subtropical climate zone to the south of Humid continental climate zone in north. Mild temperatures makes Towson (Baltimore) a heaven for tourists.
Following are few of the sites listed as main tourist attractions but there are plenty more to amuse you and your family while your stay in Towson. Please visit the local Tourist support office for further details and seasonal events.
Phoenix Shot Tower
Phoenix Shot Tower in Baltimore was built in 1828.Charles Carroll of Carrolton laid its foundations. Charles is the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence. Brickwork of Pheonix Tower is still in its original shape and there is an arrangement for visitors to goo all the way up to the tower and have a magnificant view of the town.
There is an audio visual presentations available briefing the audience about brief history of the tower and the first tower in Bristol, England.
Streetcar Museum of Baltimore is a splendid relic of the past . It is a must visit sight for anyone who is interested in knowing about the street car racing. Street cars rattle down the small track under the constant hum of cars going the Jones Falls Expressway.
National Great Blacks in Wax Museum
National Great Blacks in Wax Museum celebrates black history and culture along with it gives visitors an insight on how the holocaust of African-Americans took place through ages. It gives the graphic depiction of culture of racism, slavery and bloodshed It provides you with unique experience of history in visual form.
It is filled with wax figures of inspiring African-American role models. Wax figures feel real and the ambiance of the museum enhances your experience of reliving the past events. There are statues of Frederick Douglass, Booker T. Washington, Sojourner Truth, Jackie Robinson, Martin Luther King Jr and many more.
Henry Box Brown is shown coming out of the shipping crate which he used to smuggle himself out to freedom. There is great Mathew Henson, the first black explorer. Other than the statues of famous people from history there are scenes replicated out of the historical events and happening which will take you a trip through time, feeling the sufferings and struggles going on in past for the freedom of mankind.
The Squished Penny museum
The Squished Penny museum is a place to visit with family for fun. Museum has the greatest collection of rare squished coins and pennies as old as hundred years.
Coins are collected from around the world. It is absolutely free to visit the Squished Penny museum but you have to book an appointment before going there.
If you are one of the Divine fans then once in Towson you should drive 225 - 30 minutes north of Downtown B-more to visit Prospect Hill Cemetery. This is the cemetery where Divine aka Glenn Milstead is buried amongst his family.
At Divines grave you will find cards signed by fans and lipstick marks and hand made signs showing their love for the person who brought smiles to their faces through his acting. You should also go and see Divines statue in American Visionary Art Museum.