CONCERTS IN TARRYTOWN
- Thu Sep 22 2022Buy Neal Brennan, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Thu Sep 22 2022 Neal Brennan, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 09/22 07:30 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Thu Sep 22 2022
- Thu Oct 06 2022Buy The Orchestra, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Thu Oct 06 2022 The Orchestra, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 10/06 08:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Thu Oct 06 2022
- Sat Oct 08 2022Buy Violent Femmes, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Sat Oct 08 2022 Violent Femmes, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 10/08 08:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Sat Oct 08 2022
- Fri Oct 21 2022Buy Paula Poundstone, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Fri Oct 21 2022 Paula Poundstone, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 10/21 08:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Fri Oct 21 2022
- Sun Oct 23 2022Buy Celebrating David Bowie, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Sun Oct 23 2022 Celebrating David Bowie, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 10/23 07:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Sun Oct 23 2022
- Sun Oct 30 2022Buy Chris Botti, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Sun Oct 30 2022 Chris Botti, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 10/30 07:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Sun Oct 30 2022
- Fri Nov 18 2022Buy Joan Osborne, Larry Campbell & Teresa Williams, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Fri Nov 18 2022 Joan Osborne, Larry Campbell & Teresa Williams, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 11/18 08:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Fri Nov 18 2022
- Sat Nov 19 2022Buy Gary Gulman, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Sat Nov 19 2022 Gary Gulman, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 11/19 08:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Sat Nov 19 2022
- Sun Dec 04 2022Buy Lewis Black, Tarrytown Music Hall Tickets for Sun Dec 04 2022 Lewis Black, Tarrytown Music Hall tickets for 12/04 07:00 PM at Tarrytown Music Hall ,Tarrytown ,NY
- Sun Dec 04 2022
- Candlebox Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Dionne Warwick Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Henry Rollins Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Chris Distefano Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Neal Brennan Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Kathleen Edwards Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Al Di Meola Tarrytown NY Tickets
- My Name Is Not Mom Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Rufus Wainwright Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Orchestra Tarrytown NY Tickets
- The Jayhawks Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Jayhawks Tarrytown NY Tickets
- The Violent Femmes Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Peter Noone Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Hermans Hermit S Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Herman S Hermits Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Herman S Hermits Peter Noone Tarrytown NY Tickets
- The Talking Heads Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Pink Talking Fish Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Phish Tickets Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Phish Tarrytown NY Tickets
- A Tribute To Pink Floyd Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Celebrating David Bowie Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Maverick Music Festival Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Chris Wells Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Chris Botti Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Joan Osborne Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Cam Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Gary Gulman Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Lewis Black Tarrytown NY Tickets
- Steve Hackett Tarrytown NY Tickets
Venues of Tarrytown
Tarrytown Tickets Related Questions
What are the best upcoming Events in Tarrytown City in 2022?
- Paula Poundstone
- Gary Gulman
- Steve Hackett
- Kathleen Edwards
- The Jayhawks
What is going on tonight in Tarrytown?No event is happening in Tarrytown tonight.
Top Festivals in Tarrytown City in 2022?There is no Festival event happening in Tarrytown.
Tarrytown is a suburb in Westchester County, New York, United States. The Tarrytown is located on the eastern bank of the Hudson River. The city was incorporated in 1870, after the Dutch settled here in the late 17th century.
The neighboring villages of Tarrytown include the Irvington and North Tarrytown. These three villages are popularly termed as the Sleepy Hollow country.
The name Tarrytown is taken from the Dutch tarwe, which means wheat or from a resident named Tarry. According to the census in 2006, the population of Tarrytown was estimated as 11,477. The famous writer Washington Irving was a longtime resident, and the village is part of the Sleepy Hollow country where many of his short stories are set.
Also in the area is Pocantico Hills, an estate of the Rockefeller family. In 1780, during the American Revolution, Tarrytown was the site of the capture of the British spy Major John Andre. After the Revolution it developed as a river port, but its principal growth dates from the arrival of the railroad in 1849.
The manufactures of the Tarrytown include transportation equipment, machinery, and scientific instruments. Tarrytown also serves as the headquarters for the many renowned businesses like Aegis Mortgage Corporation, Crompton Corporation, Comview Corporation, Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics(North American Headquarters), Hitachi America, Ltd (Eastern Region Center), Recovery National Corporation, MKR Group, Inc, LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc, Kraft Foods, PGMS, a healthcare technology consulting firm, and Hudson Health Plan, nonprofit medicaid facilitator. Gradually, Tarrytown has expanded into an important economic center.
Tarrytown boasts many Christian churches, located on Broadway. The Foster Memorial AME Zion Church on Wildey Avenue is the oldest black church in Westchester County. Tarrytown also has a large Jewish community.
Tarrytown has access to highways I-87 and I-287, and is the site of the eastern end of the New York State Thruway's Tappan Zee Bridge. Tarrytown is served by Metro North Commuter Rail service. Metro North trains go to New York City's Grand Central Terminal, and also go as far north as Poughkeepsie. Tarrytown is a major stop on the Hudson Line due to a large number of commuters crossing the Tappan Zee Bridge from Rockland County to catch express service to Manhattan.
The Experience of Tarrytown
The Tarrytown, despite of being a small village has a lot to offer visitors. The city provides opportunities for shopping, dining and sightseeing. The view from the magnificent Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge is a popular tourist attraction spot.
The Tarrytown boasts many Historic Districts exhibiting 19th and 20th century architecture. Tarrytown offers many unique shopping areas, restaurants and hotels. The restaurants are built on such a location where you can view the river and the entire village illuminated with lights. Generally people stop at Tarrytown during their trip to the Historic River Towns of Westchester.
The Tarrytown is eminent for being the home of the Americas first recognized author Washington Irving. His home is called Sunnyside and people come here for tours and on special events. Tarrytown also has one of the oldest operating theaters and historic Music Hall.
Getting Around Tarrytown
Incase you are arriving Tarrytown by train from the New York City, you can easily roam around Tarrytown on foot or local taxi. NY Waterway tours provide their own bus transportation between various destinations in Tarrytown. Broadway is the main north to south route through village.
This is a Gothic Revival mansion, built since 1838. The mansion features art displays from the 19th century, furnishings and toys. This mansion is a property of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Visitors come here for tours and many educational programs and special events are hosted in this magnificent mansion. The castle is of Gothic style with a great view of the Hudson River during fall and winter. The architecture of the castle is worth seeing.
This is a unique shop with gifts and ceramic doodas. The items in this shop are made by local artists of the upper Hudson Valley area.
Historical Society Serving Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown
This is a local museum with displays of Native American artifacts, remains of the early Dutch settlers and souvenirs of the Revolutionary War. The museum exhibits the references to the famous Author Washington Irving, jewelry and items from the World War 1 and II. The museum hosts exhibitions, events with guided tours.
Tarrytown Music Hall
This is a Historic theatre built since 1885. The theatre hosts concerts, town meetings and conferences. The architecture of the Hall is unique making it the Countys finest building.The Music Hall has 840 seats with excellent acoustics. Many popular art events and musical cencerts take place here thus keeping the culture alive.
The Warner Library has existed since 1928 and boasts a bronze door which was imported from Venice. This is a popular reading room for local residents, serving the villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow. The library also hosts art exhibitions, concerts and lectures.
Foster Memorial African Church
The Foster Memorial African Church was founded in 1860 by a freed slave Amanda Foster. The church is black and used for various traditional ceremonies.
The Old Dutch Cemetery
This cemetery has gravestones since the 1600s. This old cemetery was established by the first Dutch settlers.
Patriot's ParkThis park is situated adjacent to the Warner Library and holds the statue of John Paulding. This statue is built in the memory of John Paulding who was captures while attempting to return to New York City with plans of West Point, given to him by the American traitor Benedict Arnold. Locals come to this park for picnics and children enjoy playing in the lush green park.
The Pierson Park underwent recent renovation and now has become a popular spot. The park boasts majestic view of the Tappan Zee. It is a treat to come here for picnics and watch the river flow.
Old Croton Aqueduct Trail way
This trail way is owned and managed by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. The trail offers a scenic walk from northern Westchester County to New York City.
The trail passes through the Lyndhurst estate in the south end of Tarrytown, and very near Washington Irving's Sunnyside. The trail was built 180 years ago.
Special events in the Tarrytown take place every third Friday of the month. These events include music on the streets, galleries, cultural gatherings. Restaurants open till late and other shopping and business avenues offer discount bargains. Locals celebrate the third Friday of the month with fervor and enthusiasm.
The Hudson Valley hosts the farmers market where locals come to buy meat and bread on Saturdays. Live music and demonstration of traditional crafts also take place.
The Tarrytown Boat Club and Marina has been providing a shelter to Hudson River boaters since 1906, when several members of an informal yachting group decided to create a new organization to be known as The Tarrytown Boat Club.
During the 1950's a marina was needed to better serve the Club and community, and this same facility now welcomes more boaters each year.
The Village of Tarrytown brings together the charm of an historic Hudson River town with the enthusiasm of a living community. Tarrytown is a lively suburb where all essential places are established close by.
In the recent years, the Tarrytown is going under a continuous regeneration, and has opened business avenues to meet the everyday need of its residents.