SPORTS IN SALINA
CONCERTS IN SALINA
- Tue Dec 06 2022Buy Home Free Vocal Band, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Tue Dec 06 2022 Home Free Vocal Band, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 12/06 07:30 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Tue Dec 06 2022
- Tue Dec 13 2022Buy The Piano Guys, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Tue Dec 13 2022 The Piano Guys, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 12/13 07:30 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Tue Dec 13 2022
- Sun Jan 29 2023Buy Salina Symphony: Journey, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Sun Jan 29 2023 Salina Symphony: Journey, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 01/29 04:00 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Sun Jan 29 2023
- Thu Feb 09 2023Buy Aaron Lewis, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Thu Feb 09 2023 Aaron Lewis, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 02/09 07:30 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Thu Feb 09 2023
- Sun Mar 05 2023Buy Salina Symphony: Samantha Rose Williams - All You Need Is Love, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Sun Mar 05 2023 Salina Symphony: Samantha Rose Williams - All You Need Is Love, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 03/05 04:00 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Sun Mar 05 2023
- Fri Mar 17 2023Buy Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Fri Mar 17 2023 Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 03/17 08:00 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Fri Mar 17 2023
THEATER IN SALINA
- Sat Dec 10 2022Buy Ballet Salina & Salina Symphony: The Nutcracker, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts Tickets for Sat Dec 10 2022 Ballet Salina & Salina Symphony: The Nutcracker, Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts tickets for 12/10 07:00 PM at Stiefel Theatre For The Performing Arts ,Salina ,KS
- Sat Dec 10 2022
Venues of Salina
Salinas is a city in northwestern California popular for its agricultural industry. The city lies in the fertile Salinas Valley and is surrounded by agriculture on all sides.
Salinas is the seat of Monterey County, and the famous El Gabilan Mountains envelop the City from the east. Salinas is a beautiful city and has become a famous commercial center for the surrounding valley.
The city is sometimes known as the Salad Bowl of the World for producing a variety of fruits and vegetables, including lettuce, strawberries, watermelons, broccoli, carrots, cabbages, and spinach. The agriculture has grown as a $2.2 billion-dollar industry for this city. Salinas has over 150,000 residents. The community of Salinas is committed to preserving agriculture as its major industry.
The Salinas city is the place of birth of the famed writer and Nobel Prize Laureate John Steinbeck. A festival is held each year in August in the memory of John Steinbeck.The name of the city is derived from the Spanish word which means salt marshes found along the Salinas River. The city was incorporated in 1867.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 19.0 square miles. The city is located eight miles from the Pacific Ocean coast. The mountain ranges which border the Salinas Valley to the east and west are Gabilan and Santa Lucia respectively.
The Salinas city has cool and moderate temperature owing to the ocean air that blows from the Monetary Bay to Salinas. However, the north and south of Salinas have comparatively hotter summers. This is because the mountains here block the ocean air. The average annual rainfall for the city is approximately 14.4 in. There is snowfall on the peaks of the Gabilan and Santa Lucia mountain ranges occasionally, but snow in the city itself is extremely unusual, occurring about once every 10-20 years on average.
The major economic activities in Salinas are related to agriculture. The fertile Salinas Valley produces 80% of the lettuce grown in the United States. Salinas is abundant in numerous other crops such as broccoli, mushrooms and strawberries. The climate is also ideal for the floral industry and for planting grape vineyards.
Other than agriculture, Salinas is also home to more than 100 manufacturing firms. Some of the largest employers in the area include: Dole Fresh Vegetable, the County of Monterey, Household Credit Services and Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital.
Salinas has three elementary school districts, a unified high school district and several private schools offering education at both the primary and secondary level. Hartnell College, a State Community College, is a renowned name and offers two-year degrees programs. California State University at Monterey Bay is located less than 15 miles away from Salinas.
Students from all over the world come to this university for higher education. Graduate studies through Chapman College, Golden Gate University and the Monterey Institute of International Studies are available in close proximity. Also in the area are Moss Landing Marine Laboratory, Monterey College of Law and Stanford Universitys Hopkins Marine Station.
Salinas provides high standard health facilities to its residents. The famous names in healthcare are Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital and Natividad Medical Center. These hospitals employ over 200 physicians. The Salinas city also boasts nursing homes, residential retirement facilities for seniors.
The Experience of Salinas
The Salinas is a place where you can enjoy the old western feel along with todays modern conveniences. The moderate climate lets you indulge in outdoor activities and the city has numerous parks, golf courses ad swimming pools.
The Salinas Community is active and regularly hosts symphonies, ballets, concerts, and conventions. Various festivals are held in Salinas such as the world famous Steinbeck Festival, the California Rodeo and the California International Air show. People from nearby places come to see these festivals.
National Steinbeck Center
The Steinbeck Center boasts an interactive museum, which gives you an insight on the history of the Salinas city and the Salinas River. The center also highlights the scope of agriculture in Salinas.
An annual event takes place in Salinas for wines and food stuff. It is popularly known as Salinas Rotarys annual Valley of the World Wine & Food Festival. This is a favorite event of the Salinas citizens and takes place in January every year. The event exhibits the popular Monterey County wines. This festival is an event launched for charity and hosts receptions, winemaker dinners and an exciting Grand Finale at the famous National Steinbeck Center.
Wildlife at Salinas River
The wildlife area is located at the union of the Salinas River and Monterey Bay. The wildlife area boasts hiking trails. Tourists come to this wildlife area for fishing and bird hunting. They take photographs and capture the scenic beauty of this area.
Lying south of the Monterey Peninsula in the Santa Lucia Range, a huge area in wilderness is a must-see for enthusiastic hikers.
The cliffs, lush green meadows and the flower-laden hills provide a unique experience. On a clear day, the walk gives some of the area's best views of the Pacific Ocean and the entire Santa Lucia Range.
Salinas provides numerous options for eating out. From Chinese food at Dynasty Court, to Mexican and Italian restaurants, you will not be disappointed. Another famous restaurant is the John Steinbecks boyhood home, which gives a unique combination of history, literature and great food. The house also includes the Best Cellar Gift Shop, offering Steinbeck books and unique gift items.
Other than this, the City of Salinas has various farms. These farms are also agriculture education centers and let you pick your own vegetables. People come here for picnics, watch the animals and shop in the farm stand.
The Salinas city offers an exclusive blend of climate, natural resources and people. The climate is never too cold and never too hot. The city of Salinas is a big city with an environment like a small town. People here are friendly and enthusiastic. The city is naturally beautiful and flush with trees and flowers. Visiting Salinas is an amazing experience and it stays with you for a long time to come.