West Wendover Tickets
Concerts in West Wendover NV
Sports in West Wendover NV
Theater in West Wendover NV
Venues at West Wendover NV
Details of West Wendover and the Ticket Luck value
West Wendover like many of the smaller cities of America has a calm, serene and mild touch to its social and economical activities. The city is located in the Elko County of Nevada and has a current population just fewer than 5,000 residents.
The city resides near the eastern border of the state and even touches the western part of the Great Salt Lake Desert. Interestingly enough, the city has a similar city by the name of Wendover in Utah that is parallel to it across the border.
Approximately, 70% of the population is white and the remaining 30% is a combination of different races. The median income for a household in the city is approximately under $ 40,000. The per capita income for the city was $12,013 in 2000 and hovering around $15,000 throughout the last few years.
About 17.4% of families and 16.9% of the population are below poverty line, including 19.5% of those under age 18 and 3.9% of that age 65 or over. The statistics are changing as the casino industry is expanding and entering the smaller cities as well. People in Nevada are currently employed by the casino and entertainment industry.
Due to the economic ties of the city with the greater Wendover city of Utah, the government moved West Wendover to the Mountain Time Zone in October 1999. This is the only city along with Jackpot that is on a different time zone and the rest of the state follows the Pacific Time zone.
Nevada is known to be the gambling capital of the world. It is proud to host the largest casinos, and entertainment zones. Due to the high influx of money, Nevada has become one of the largest tax paying states of the US. The taxes from the casino industry has allowed for Nevada to pay for its cleanliness, social reforms, roads, schools and hospitals.
The benefits of the taxes can be seen across the state even in the small towns like West Wendover. A true testimony of the benefits of the industry can be seen by simply driving to the other side of the state and visiting Wendover, Utah.
That city has depreciated over the years and now has become a rundown city with nowhere to go. Majority of the smaller cities of Nevada support the primal industry both in terms of people, processes and economy. Many of the people working in Nevada come from these little towns.
In fact, West Wendover has the Red Garter, Wendover Nugget, Rainbow, Peppermill, and Montego Bay casino hotels that have been built for the overall convenience of travelers interested in the gambling resorts.
The gambling casinos give their share of business to the town and keep the economical circle going. Peppermill and Montego Bay casinos have expanded throughout the years and have become a source of revenue for the city and its locals.
Due to the major differences in the social and moral fabric of the twin cities, a major campaign has been launched to finally connect the two cities as one major city. A simple state divide should not only be the main reason for prosperity on one end and social and moral decay on the other end.
Residents in both cities have voted to annex Wendover into Nevada, saying they are one community that has been divided for too long. Though both city resides are of the view that the city should be finally under the jurisdiction of Nevada, the politicians of Utah have gone through the courts and put a state order against this ongoing debate on November 15, 2006.
The vote was a tie with two Council Members voting to halt the process and two Council Members supporting the continuation of the process. The tie vote was broken by the vote of Mayor Brett Shelton who voted to discontinue the annexation process. Boundary, tax implications, social identity merging and city controls are all still be decided in this ongoing process.
Currently the city is expanding its entertainment zone and upgrading its parks and residential areas. Improvements are taking way to provide the local community with a major uplift. The people that reside in the city have been people that have been associated with the city and its history for centuries.
People take pride in being from that particular part of the state and use the convenience to go to Utah to enjoy the scenic views as well as spectacular landscape. On the other side, one can easily enjoy the hustle and bustle of fast gambling life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:Can I pay via money order for Peppermill concert hall Wendover Nevada tickets?
A:Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are all acceptable forms of payment on our website. However, we do not accept credit cards over emails. Additionally, checks or money orders are also not accepted.
Q:What is the performance schedule of wendover concert hall?
A:Names and dates of all the ongoing and upcoming events at Wendover Concert Hall and other venues of Wendover are shown above.